The opening plenary will feature the director of the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy, Michael Botticelli, the first person in long‐term recovery, and the first openly gay man to hold this office.
Conference topics include:
· Culturally Responsive Treatment for LGBT Clients, Dr. Thomas E. Freese, UCLA Integrated Substance Abuse Programs
· Trauma Informed Care in a Primary Care Setting, Dr. Elisa Nicholas, The Children’s Clinic in Long Beach
· Understanding and Intervening in Intimate Partner Violence: A Culturally Competent Approach, Dr. Susan Holt, Los Angeles LGBT Center
· Dialectical Behavior Therapy for Substance Abuse Disorders, Dr. Alina Gorgorian and Mr. Michael Roy, Clearview Treatment Programs
· Older Adults and Substance Use: The Integration Journey from Screening to Treatment, Dr. Jose Salazar, Tarzana Treatment Centers
· We Need to Get It Right: Suicide Prevention Using the Columbia – Suicide Severity Rating Scale, a Brief Evidence‐Based Assessment, Dr. Kelly Posner, developer and founder of the Columbia Suicide Severity Scale
For more information, go to http://www.uclaisap.org/dmhcod/html/statewide-integrated-care-conference.html.