CA Alliance and Members In The News
Click on the following links to read articles we have successfully placed in the press, based on CA Alliance priority issues.
For press inquires, please reach out to Max Geide, Communication and Events Manager, at email@example.com
- June 26: KFI: Foster Youth Crisis
- June 26 - San Francisco Chronical: Homelessness vs. children’s mental health: Newsom’s budget trade-off
- June 20 - The Sacramento Bee: Hate groups are targeting California’s LGBTQ+ youth. Here is how we can help them.
- June 2 - kpbs: Life-changing residential treatment will soon be available for kids on Medi-Cal
- May 2 - The San Diego Tribune: Opinion: Passion isn’t enough for cash-strapped foster family agencies. We need more support.
- April 25 - Sacramento Bee: LGBTQ foster youth + Bonta defends California law + Fentanyl bill gets second chance
- April 13 - KQED: AB 665 Story
- April 3 - Cal Matters: California mental health funding may get overhauled
- March 24 - Cal Matters: Can a suicide hotline help California’s Native Americans?
- March 23 - Cap Radio: California tribes and mental health professionals look to improve crisis hotline experience for Native Americans
- February 28 - CBS Sacramento: National shortage of mental health therapists being felt in Sacramento
- February 25 - KQED: SUD Bill Interview
- February 20 - KCUR: Kansas lawmakers could pass 'bill of rights' to help foster parents and kids in a chaotic system
- February 2 - CAL Matters: Will the state’s big Medi-Cal plan really fix mental health care for low-income Californians?
- January 17- The Sacramento Bee: ‘We didn’t get it right.’ How California law to help foster kids created a bottleneck in care
- January 5 - The Imprint: No More Excuses. California Must Prioritize Children in Foster Care
- November 15 - The Imprint: New Background Check System in California Draws Complaints
- October 17 - NPR: A Rhode Island woman's struggle to get her young daughter Medicaid coverage
- October 10 - LA Times: ‘Separate and unequal’: Critics say Newsom’s Medicaid reforms leave patients behind
- October 6 - CAP Radio: 90% of Black parents in the Sacramento region report uncertainty around child-care access
- September 22 - KQED: AB 552 veto story
- September 19 - The Bay Area Reporter: Newsom cites cost in vetoing LGBTQ youth homeless bill; signs LGBTQ vets legislation
- September 19 - The San Francisco Chronicle: After promoting student mental health funding, Newsom vetoes bill to expand services
- September 14 - Capitol Weekly: Children’s access to Mental Health Services is top priority
- September 8 - Cal Matters: Unanswered cries: Why California faces a shortage of mental health workers
- September 7 - The Imprint: California Governor to Decide on Family Reunification Bills, and More
- September 2 - LAist: Doctors, Advocates Sound Alarm On Youth Mental Health Crisis: ‘I’ve Never Seen It Close To This Bad’
- September 2 - KQED: How One Oakland School Is Using California's Billion-Dollar Investment in Student Mental Health
- August 24 - The Bay Area Reporter: Guest Opinion: It's time to expand the Youth Acceptance Project
- August 18 - California Health Report: Opinion: Most Vulnerable Foster Youth Left Behind in State Budget
- August 14 - KQED: Youth Acceptance Program
- August 11 - ABC 10: New medical facility for teen girls in San Marcos
- August 11 - KBPS: Casa de Amparo in San Marcos debuts new on-site medical facility
- August - KPFA: AB 2317